UPDATE (8:40 PM) — 1st SOW Commander commented on Facebook addressing the armed domestic disturbance that was reported earlier.
UPDATE (8:01 p.m.) – One person is confirmed to be dead. Another person was injured and has been transported to a nearby hospital. The identification of the deceased will be withheld for 24 hours to notify next-of-kin.
UPDATE (7:13 p.m.) — The lock down was lifted and the base has given the all clear.
Hurlburt Field, Fla. (WKRG) — The United States Air Force say a domestic disturbance involving an active shooter was reported at Hurlburt Field Friday.
According to a press release, the base is currently on lockdown and only allowing essential workers on base. Visitors will not be authorized until further notice.
The U.S. Air Force continue on to say that base and local law enforcement have control of the situation.
FULL UNEDITED PRESS RELEASE:
ARMED DISTURBANCE ON BASE FOLLOW UP ALL CLEAR
HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. – One person has been declared dead and another injured. Identification of the deceased will be withheld pending 24 hours next-of-kin notification.
Injured person and has been transported to a local hospital.
ALL CLEAR has been issued on base as Hurlburt Field Security Forces and local law enforcement have
secured the scene of the incident.
The incident is being investigated at this time by AFOSI. More information will be released as it
News 5 will keep you update as more information is released.
- SPS to expand in-person learning for high schoolers to four days a week
- Leah Betts to resign as Greene County Collector after 18 years of serving the county
- Third stimulus check: GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial