AURORA, Mo. — Four are dead and seven others were injured in a Saturday morning crash north of Aurora.
According to a Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, five motorcycles and a car, a 2016 Toyota Corolla, were involved in the accident.
MSHP has released the names of three of four fatalities but has not released the name of a minor who was killed:
- Kameron L. Hale, 28, of Aurora
- James R. Olmsted, 59, of Aurora
- Linda G. Anderson, 61, of Aurora
- Juvenile, 17, of Aurora
All four were pronounced dead on the scene.
Seven other people were taken to local hospitals by helicopter and by ambulance, including the driver of the Corolla:
- Juvenile, 16, of Aurora
- Krista D. Trueblood, 30, of Aurora
- Cody J. Zielinski, 35, of Aurora
- Jessica E. Zielinski, 35, of Aurora
- Darrell J. Trueblood, 37, of Aurora
- Theresa L. Manetzke, 51, of Aurora
- Jesse W. Clinkingbeard, 54, of Aurora
The driver of the car has been placed under arrest for suspicion of driving while impaired, according to MSHP Sgt. Mike McClure.
MSHP said the crash happened just after 11:00 a.m. on June 3 when a southbound Toyota Corolla crossed the center line of State Highway 39, hitting five motorcycles head-on.
All the motorcycles overturned, ejecting drivers and passengers before coming to a stop on the east side of the road. One of the motorcycles caught fire after coming to rest.
The Corolla crossed back over the center line before ending up in the ditch on the west side of the road.