UPDATE: Two Greene County Sheriff deputies are being credited with saving the lives of three residents and three dogs in a house fire early Thursday morning, April 1, 2021, according to a post by the Greene County Sheriff’s Office.
The Greene County Sheriff’s Office said Cpl. Paige Rippee and Deputy Timothy Hamp responded to the house fire on the 1400th block of S. Farm Road 129.
When deputies arrived Hamp knocked on the front door and warned one of the residents that their home was on fire. The resident then told them two other people were still inside the home.
After safely getting the first resident out Rippee and Hamp entered the house and were able to get the other residents and animals out.
Rippee and Hamp were treated for smoke inhalation and are doing fine, according to the Facebook post.
GREENE COUNTY, Mo. — A house sustained fire damage early Thursday morning, April 1, 2021, according to the Brookline Fire Department.
The fire was reported at the 1400th block of S. FR129 at 3:15 a.m.
The Fire Department reports that no one was injured and everyone was able to escape.
The fire appeared to start in the chimney and damaged the north side of the house as well as the attic. Though the house isn’t a total loss.
Five area fire departments responded to the fire.