SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — The Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center reopened Friday, May 22.
Botanical Center coordinator, Katie Keith, says with storms the center hasn’t been too busy but she expects to see visitor numbers increase soon.
She says people use the center as a starting point to see the gardens.
“A lot of people do like this as their home base that they can park their cars and then do a section of the trails they may or may not do the whole thing but it gets them out and exploring,” Keith said.
The Botanical Center’s atrium, front desk, gift shop and restrooms will reopen with a modified schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. At this time, no meetings rentals or classes are taking place in the building.
Not only is the Botanical Center reopening but here is a list of places following suite:
- The Sensory Garden Fountain will reopen on Saturday, May 23.
- The Gray/Campbell Farmstead is reopening on weekends beginning Saturday, May 30 with limited hours access.
- The Roston Native Butterfly House will reopen to the public Monday, June 1.
- Daily hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The schedule depends on volunteer staffing availability.
- Capacity inside the Butterfly House is limited
- The Butterfly Festival with Young Sprouts in the Garden will be a virtual event in July.
- Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden is scheduled to reopen in mid-June.