Like so many in the United States, this family is struggling because of the pandemic. Furloughed from her job in March, this single mom says she’s still not returned to work. She receives unemployment but that is less than a third of what she earned when she was working.
She wrote on her application for holiday help that being a single parent, trying to manage finances, and helping with virtual learning has been stressful for the whole family.
“I’ve had to borrow money every month just to pay bills and try to keep the internet on for my kids so they can do their assignments,” she wrote in her application. “We’ve had to limit our meals just to make the food stretch through the month. I’m hoping to find a job as quickly as possible so we don’t get further behind. I pray every day for a better outcome. I absolutely have no extra money for Christmas this year and it hurts inside to know my children may not have any presents. Christmas is our favorite holiday and I pray for a miracle this year because my family is in need. I greatly appreciate any help given”.
Both the children in this family, a boy age seventeen and a girl age twelve, would like Nike hooded jackets and art supplies for Christmas.
Gift cards to allow them to select the games or clothes they prefer are also popular presents for older children. Mom says they are in need of bath and kitchen towels. Hygiene products like deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, and soap would be helpful additions for this family.
CLICK BELOW TO ADOPT FAMILY #4
So that every child receives the same number of gifts, please provide 1 large gift, 2 medium gifts, and at least 2 small gifts.
- BOY, Age 17
- Large Gift: Black Nike hooded jacket (Large)
- Medium Gifts: Anything St. Louis Cardinals/KC Chiefs, Board Games (Has Sequence and chess. Consider Battleship or other strategy game), Gift card
- Small Gifts: Art supplies, Drawing pencils, Drawing pad, Cologne, McDonald’s gift card
- Clothing (Favorite color is blue): Shirt or sweatshirt (Large), Jeans (34×30), Coat (Large), Underwear (Medium Size Boxers), Socks (mid-calf for shoe size 10), Gift card for shoes
- GIRL, Age 12
- Large Gift: Blue or black Nike hooded jacket (Medium, Junior)
- Medium Gifts: Gift card, Throw blanket, Bath & body lotion
- Small Gifts: Lip gloss, Nail polish, Gel pens, Gift card to McDonald’s
- Clothing: Shirt or sweatshirt (size 6 or medium), Jeans (size 6 in juniors), Underwear (small bikini), Socks (mid-calf or ankle for shoe size 7.5), Gift card for shoes