Copycat KFC Original-Style Chicken
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 whole chicken (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)
- 1 egg white
- 2 quarts neutral oil, for frying
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all spices.
- Combine spices with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breasts and wings should take 12-14 minutes, and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- 8 cups cabbage finely chopped about 1 head
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot about 1 carrot
- 2 tbs minced onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together, the milks, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar. Add the onion, carrots and cabbage with salt and pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat the vegetables in the dressing.
- Cover and let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or as many as 8) before serving.