Missouri KKK Leader's Wife and Step-Son Charged With Murder

BELGRADE, Mo. -- Two people are in jail in connection with the death of KKK leader Frank Ancona of Leadwood, MO.

St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney Jerrod Mahurin says his wife, 44-year-old Malisa Ancona and her son, 24-year-old Paul Jinkerson Junior, are facing multiple charges.

Bond has not been set for either suspect.

The probable cause statement indicates Ancona was killed in Leadwood and taken to Washington County and dumped. His body was found on Saturday by a family out for a fishing trip along the Big River near eastern Missouri’s Belgrade.

Autopsy results revealed that Ancona had been shot in the head.

Because of Ancona’s connection with the KKK, Mahurin says this case has generated a lot of attention from local and national media.

Previous Coverage:

A new development in the murder of a Missouri Ku Klux Klan leader.  His wife is now in custody.  Police have also arrested his stepson.

Frank Ancona, who identified himself as the Imperial Wizard of the Traditional American Knights, was found in Big River Saturday near Belgrade, Missouri. Ancona was from Leadwood, Missouri.  He was reported missing last Thursday.

Now his wife, Malissa Ancona, is now in custody on suspicion of murder.  KMOV-TV reports she was arrested Sunday after it was determined Ancona died of a gunshot wound to the head. 

The 51-year-old Leadwood man was found by a woman and her children who were going to the area to fish. Ancona died of a gunshot wound to the head.  Police also arrested Ancona's stepson on an unrelated warrant.

According to reports, Malissa last reported seeing her husband on Thursday morning when he left for work. After that she stated she tried calling Ancona’s phone after she got a call from his work saying he never made it in.

According to her, the phone went straight to voicemail. Malissa admitted they weren’t getting along too well in their marriage and Ancona threatened he was filing for divorce when he got back from work.

The Leadwood Police Department is investigating and was assisted by the St. Francois and Washington County Sheriff’s Departments.

(Korey Johnson of KREI for Missourinet)

More Stories

Latest News

Video Center