SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – With cold weather approaching, here is a list of the current cold weather shelters in Springfield.
|East Sunshine Church of Christ||3721 E. Sunshine||417.408.8076||Men’s Shelter|
|Grace United Methodist||600 S. Jefferson||None||Women’s Shelter|
|Unity of Springfield||2214 E Seminole St.||417.887.2214||Adults|
|Asbury United Methodist Church||1500 S Campbell Ave||417.865.1335||Adults & Pets|
|Sacred Heart Catholic Church||1609 N Summit Ave||417.869.3646||Men’s Shelter|
|Eden Village I||2801 E Division St,||417.894.3972||Adults & Pets|
|Revive 66 campground||3839 W. Chestnut Expressway||417.894.1167||Adults & Pets|
|Salvation Army Harbor House||636 N. Boonville||417.831.3371||Men’s overflow shelter|
|YouthConnect Center||425 W McDaniel St #160||417.708.4117||Kids aged 13-18|
|St. John’s Chapel||4344 S. Fremont Ave.||417.881.5175||All-gender shelter|
|Brentwood Christian Church||1900 E. Barataria St.||417.881.0144||All-gender shelter|
|425 (The Venues)||425 W. Walnut||417.888.3025||All-gender shelter|
|Freedom City Church||1477 N. Broadway||417.631.9082||All-gender shelter|
Available day warming shelters
- Springfield Expo Center – The Connecting Grounds (635 E St Louis St)
- 7 am – 7 pm Thursday – Saturday (Dec. 23-24)
- Will open at 12 pm on Thursday
- Springfield-Greene County Libraries
- All libraries are closed Saturday, Dec. 24, Sunday, Dec. 25, and Monday, Dec. 26.
- Thursday, Dec. 22: 10 am opening for all branches. The Library Center, Library Station, and Schweitzer Brentwood Branch are scheduled to close at 9 pm. The Midtown Carnegie Branch and Park Central Branch close at 6 pm.
- Friday, Dec. 23, will likely be a 10 am opening with Library Center, Library Station, and Schweitzer Brentwood scheduled to close at 8 pm. Midtown and Park Central close at 6 pm.
- Thursday and Friday may change as weather conditions change, with libraries closed early or entirely. Those decisions will be made as the weather progresses.
- 417-616-0587 is the Library Closing Hotline
- Veterans Coming Home Center (806 N Jefferson Ave)
- 7 am – 4:30 pm Friday, (Dec. 23rd)
- 12 pm – 4:30 pm Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 24th – 25th)
- Northview Family Center (301 E Talmage
- Thursday, Dec. 22nd & Friday, Dec. 23rd 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Salvation Army (1707 W Chestnut Expressway)
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Thursday (Dec. 22 – 23rd)
- Harbor House (636 N Boonville Ave.
- 10 am – 4:30 pm Friday – Sunday (Dec. 23 -25th)
Additional sites are in various stages of attempting to open and provide support to help increase capacity.
Veterans Coming Home Center serves as a warming center and transportation hub.
Anyone interested in volunteering can visit https://cpozarks.org/programs/crisis-cold-weather-shelters/ for more information and complete the CCWS Volunteer Interest Form, which is shared across cold-weather shelter sites.