AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- NFL COVID-19: Ravens-Steelers game postponed again
- Missouri State Men’s opener vs Evangel canceled
- It’s Brady, Mahomes in another marquee QB matchup
- Vanderbilt may turn to goalkeeper Sarah Fuller to fill in as kicker vs. Missouri
- Tampa Bay outfielder and former Springfield Cardinal, Arozarena, released in Mexico’s Yucatan
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live Week 10
- High Shcool Athlete of the Week: Jayce Haven
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Chiefs’ Bashaud Breeland helps give out free turkeys this Thanksgiving
- Fort Smith mayor proclaims Isaiah Joe Day