Students Evacuated After Smoke is Discovered in Monroe Apartment Building

News
Monroe Apt. Smoke
Make It Count

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Some Missouri State students living in an apartment building near campus received an unwelcomed wake up call Thursday morning.

Shortly before 6:30 a.m. a maintenance worker for the Monroe Apartments on Bear Boulevard noticed smoke coming from a gathering area in one of the apartment buildings. The worker called emergency crews who arrived on scene.

Through an investigation it was discovered that an HVAC unit in the building was creating the smoke. The power was cut to the HVAC unit and students were allowed to return to their apartments.

No injuries were suffered.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local Sports

More Local Sports

World News

More World News
Make It Count

Trending Stories

Washington DC Bureau

Washington DC Bureau

Newsfeed Now

More Newsfeed Now