SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The city of Springfield will be getting two new fire stations while another two are replaced thanks to the level property tax that was passed in November 2017.
The city is in the beginning stages of the projects and are soliciting letters of interest and qualification statements until 3 p.m. March 1 from firms interested in providing architectural services.
Fire Station 13 will be buiilt in the 1900 block of West College in the West Central neighborhood and Fire Station 14 at the northeast corner of West Chestnut Expressway and North Duke Avenue. Fire Station 4 at 2423 N. Delaware and Fire Station 7 at 2129 E. Sunshine will be demolished and rebuilt. Those two stations were built in the 1950’s and 1960’s.
The following is the timeline set by the city for the architectural selection process:
- Feb. 1, 1:30 PM: Pre-submittal meeting with consultants at Springfield Mill & Lumber Classroom, 216 W. Central Street.
- Feb. 15, 3 p.m.: Deadline for questions to PWRFQ@springfieldmo.gov.
- Feb. 25: City to post final addendum (if required).
- March 1, 3 p.m.: Deadline for submittal of Statement of Qualifications to PWRFQ@springfieldmo.gov.
- April 5: Selection committee completes first round of submittal review.
- April 29-May 3: Selection committee conducts interviews
- May 3: Selection committee completes selection of top firm.
- June 28: Professional design contract issued.