SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — At the Jordan Valley Ice Park in Springfield, the Missouri Showcase of women’s hockey is taking place this weekend.
There will be hockey games and raffle tickets for an autographed 2019 Stanley Cup Champion puck.
This is the second year Springfield has hosted this tournament.
Arizona State, Mckendree, Concordia, Aquinas, Utah and Colorado are competing.
This is Springfield’s largest women’s hockey event yet.
The Queen City has several co-ed hockey teams, but there aren’t any all-women teams, something the ice park’s superintendent, Jeff Cumley, wants to change.
“We’ve had ladies playing all eighteen years we’ve been open,” Cumley said. “What we’d really like to see is a more full-time effort, more concerted effort to have their own teams. Playing against the guys, these sports are co-ed here at the Ice Park. Youth and Adult. So they are playing already but we would love to see some women’s teams.”
Admission is $7 per day and here is the schedule for the hockey games:
- Friday, October 18
- 4:30 p.m. McKendree vs. Utah
- 7:15 p.m. Colorado vs. Concordia
- 10:00 p.m. Aquinas vs. Arizona State
- Saturday, October 19
- 1:00 p.m. Utah vs. Concordia
- 4:00 p.m. Aquinas vs. Colorado
- 6:45 p.m. Arizona State vs. Mckendree
- Sunday, October 20
- 7:00 a.m. Aquinas vs. Utah
- 10:00 a.m. Mckendree vs. Colorado
- 1:00 p.m. Concordia vs. Arizona State