SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Greene County would like to remind citizens that the property tax deadline falls on a Sunday this year, which means county offices will be closed that day and the day prior.
The county would like to remind people of six things to know about property taxes before the deadline on December 31:
– If you can’t find your bill, you can now print online at the link found here.
– Make sure your payment is postmarked by USPS on or before December 31. To expedite your payment, pay online or before December 31. Don’t wait until it’s too late!
– Review your bill carefully. If there are errors to your information or property descriptions, contact the Assessor’s Office immediately to correct the mistakes before you pay.
– The best way to pay is online. No stamp, no lines, no waiting for a receipt. Link found here.
– What’s new? Taxpayers can pay with credit and debit cards now over the counter and online (not over the phone.) Bank fees apply for credit and debit card payments and are required by law, we can’t absorb the fees like retail establishments do. (1.15% for debit cards and 2.15% for credit cards)
– Taxpayers can look up statements and receipts found here.
The collector’s office encourages people not to wait and to seek a bill out now. Make any changes you need or even pay now.
For more information, contact Leah Betts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-868-4037.