ONTARIO, Ca. (CBS News) – It was like an action scene straight out of a blockbuster film, but there was nothing phony about this massive fire in Ontario.
Thousands of water bottles were burning, and a dog had to be rescued from the massive fire.
Employee Vicente Diaz, has an idea what might’ve turned the recycling center into an inferno.
Diaz said, “Maybe dropped the cigarette and started fast.”
Diaz says it’s not uncommon for people to smoke on the yard.
Whatever the cause; the outcome – apocalyptic looking.
New technology able to ascend in the sky made it easier for ground crews to locate anyone in the fire.