CHRISTIAN COUNTY, Mo. — Christian County Commissioner candidates will square off in a debate Thursday, July 30, before primary night.
The Forum will be at the Christian County Resource Management Building. Due to COVID-19, only the candidates will be allowed inside.
Voters in the county will be deciding on three major races on Tuesday, August 4:
- Eastern County Commissioner
- State Representative for the 140th district
- County Treasurer
For the Eastern Commissioner Race, there are five GOP candidates running:
- Lynn Morris – termed out of State Representative for the 140th district.
- Bradley Jackson – former Ozark mayor.
- Shane Nelson – former Ozark mayor and Education Board member.
- Dennis Lilly – School Board member from Sparta
- Dan Hobbs – Construction Contracter (unable to attend this forum)
The winner of the August primary will face Democrat Nathan Billedo in November 2020.
State Representative for District 140 has four GOP candidates running:
- Dr. Tricia Derges
- Jamie Ray Gragg
- Jeff Parnell
- Jason Shaffer
For County Treasurer, the office is being contested. Karen Matthews has been in office since 2003. She will run against Aaron Johns.