STONE COUNTY, Mo. — One person is hospitalized and another is dead after a fire in Stone County.
It happened in Cape Fair, about a mile down Wooly Creek Road.
Fire crews responded to find a mobile home on fire, with a propane tank involved.
A male in his forties was life-flighted to a Springfield hospital with burns and smoke inhalation.
According to Stone County Fire Officials, the man was trying to save his mother– who was still inside.
She was in her sixties and passed away in the fire.
Stone County fire crews are unsure of the man’s condition at this time.