WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- Kansas City murder suspect arrested after chase into Kansas
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in New York park
- Australia to shut border between its 2 largest states as Melbourne infections surge
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China