SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starbucks is giving away free coffee nationwide to first responders and healthcare workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, the coffee chain said the promotion is underway now through May 3.
Any customer who identifies themselves as a first responder or worker in the healthcare system will receive a free tall coffee.
Those who are eligible include:
- Police officers
- Hospital and medical staff, researchers
The deal is applicable at participating Starbucks locations across the US.
Since the start of the pandemic, Starbucks shuttered many of its locations and limited services to drive-through services only.
Additionally, Starbucks said its foundation will also be donating $500,000 to organizations delivering care packages and needed medical items such as personal protective equipment.
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- Man fatally shot, another man arrested in St. Louis shooting
- Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii
- Number of monarch butterflies hibernating in Mexico plunged 26% last year — and climate change and forest degradation are to blame
- Biden hails House passage of $1.9T virus bill, now to Senate