One man and dog are dead after Tuesday morning house fire in Ash Grove

Local News

ASH GROVE, Mo.- One man and his dog have died after a house fire in Ash Grove Tuesday morning.

The fire happened at a wood-frame single-family home located at 608 W. Woodbine. Fire crews found the home fully engulfed around 7: 55 a.m. The home has been listed as a total loss.

Fire and police crews are still on scene, and the Greene County Sheriff’s Office Arson Investigator is on the scene as well.

According to Ash Grove Fire Chief Anthony Monnig, the cause of the fire was from a space heater. Monnig says the man was found within 5 feet of the front door.

This is a developing story.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local Sports

More Local Sports

World News

More World News

Trending Stories

Washington DC Bureau

Washington DC Bureau

Newsfeed Now

More Newsfeed Now