Kids Save Parents’ Lives From Fire Caused by Space Heater

News
webb city fire_1552441210754.jpg.jpg

WEBB CITY, Mo. (KODE) – Webb City firefighters have discovered the cause of Monday night’s house fire on Liberty.

Fire Chief Andrew Roughton says the fire was unintentional citing a space heater on the first floor that malfunctioned and started the fire.

The house is a total loss, and the family who lived there is now being assisted by the Red Cross.

Last night, crews were called to the fire shortly before 10 pm at the 500 block of Liberty Street.

The two teens living with their parents were out for several minutes when they came back and saw smoke coming out of the house.

The father tells us the kids tried to get in through the door, but they couldn’t so they broke a window to rescue both parents, who were sleeping.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local Sports

More Local Sports

National News

More National

World News

More World News

Springfield

More Springfield Mo

Branson

More Branson Mo

Calfano podcast

 Calfano podcast

Washington DC Bureau

Washington DC Bureau

Newsfeed Now

More Newsfeed Now