SPRINGFIELD, Mo.– A Springfield Police department spokesperson is laying out the timeline of events leading up to two arrests Wednesday morning.
Here’s what we know according to that SPD information officer:
- In the early hours of Wednesday morning, the Springfield Police Department went to a house where they expected to find a stolen car.
- Officers approached the house and tried to contact the people inside.
- When the people inside didn’t respond immediately, the scene got a little more complicated.
- SPD’s Special Response Team (SRT) was called in to limit the possibility of a dangerous situation forming. Meanwhile, SPD worked to get their hands on a search warrant.
- SPD blocked off the portion of Sunshine running between Kansas Expressway and Kansas Avenue.
- Despite these previously mentioned measures, police never expected anyone inside to be armed.
- Eventually, police would make their way inside without forcing entry.
Once they were on the property, police would find multiple stolen vehicles and a few other stolen items. SPD’s public information officer could not be specific about what those extra items were.
Two arrests were made. We are still trying to figure out any extra information on those two people now in custody.
Sunshine would open back up to traffic later Wednesday morning: