JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Governor Parson signed Executive Order 19-04 to create a Missouri School Safety Task Force during a school assembly at Blair Oaks High School.
The individuals on the Task Force present at the press conference were the following:
- Governor Michael L. Parson
- Lieutenant Governor Mike Kehoe
- Director Sandy Karsten, Department of Public Safety
- Director Mark Stringer, Department of Mental Health
- Commissioner Margie Vandeven, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Melissa Randol, Executive Director of Missouri School Boards’ Association
- Paul Fennewald, Senior Policy Advisor to the Center for Education Safety
The Governor directed Lieutenant Governor Mike Kehoe to lead the task force and work with the Department of Public Safety, Department of Mental Health, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Missouri School Boards’ Association, the Center for Education Safety, and a school resource officer to develop a strategic statewide plan for school safety.
The task force will be meeting over the coming weeks and submit a report of its findings and recommendations by July 31, 2019. The task force will be studying the recently released Federal Commission on School Safety report from Missouri’s perspective to identify gaps, shortfalls, or suggested policy changes.
The full Executive Order can be found here.