SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Community members came together today to help raise funds for the family of Samantha Dean-Wood, who died after a fireworks facility explosion just before the July 4 holiday.
An all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast fundraiser was held this morning at Springfield’s bar, Fuzion.
All proceeds go to the family of the 28-year-old, who left behind a toddler.
The incident happened at A.M. Pyro-Technics Company, a wholesale fireworks facility in Polk County where Wood worked.
Those attending remember her as a bright personality who could light up the world and welcome everyone.
“I just can’t believe how overwhelming our community is and I’m just thankful for everything that everybody’s done,” Wood’s mother Tracy Livingston said. “The owners of this place have made a world of difference in my life and they’re going to continue, they’re part of the family.”
“Our community here in Springfield is very tight-knit and close,” GLO Center President Amy Slavin said. “We like to support each other even if we don’t know everybody in it, we’re all going to come together, pitch in, and help out the family when we can.”
The GLO Center and Pride Fest called out on volunteers to help out in today’s fundraiser.