Franciscan Villa evacuated after trash can fire

News

SPRINGFIELD, Mo- Residents at Franciscan Villa were evacuated Tuesday after a small fire.

Steve Stinnett with the Springfield Fire Department says the fire had been mostly extinguished by a staff member, but fire fighters were able to completely put it out when they arrived.

The fire was in a trash can in an apartment on the third floor of the building.

No other apartments were affected and no residents were injured.

The staff member who extinguished the fire was treated as a precaution.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

SECSL

Related Stories

More Walmart Gunman

Local Sports

More Local Sports

National News

More National

World News

More World News

Calfano podcast

 Calfano podcast

Washington DC Bureau

Washington DC Bureau

Newsfeed Now

More Newsfeed Now