NEOSHO, Mo. (KODE) — More than a dozen families are without a home after a fire in Neosho this morning.
The state fire marshal says discarded smoking materials started the flames around six this morning at the Hamptons of Neosho apartment complex.
Two apartments are heavily damaged.
Firefighters with Neosho, Reddings Mill, and Goodman Fire Departments were able to keep the flames from the neighboring building.
Over 100 thousand gallons of water were used to get the flames out.
Right now 16 families aren’t able to live in the building as power has been shut off.
12 of those 16 will be able to move in once power is restored and the remaining four will be without a home indefinitely.