I was going to explore a how to coupon segment. However, I hate coupons. I have zero interest in becoming a couponer. So, what else can we do to save money shopping?
Why I hate em… and it’s me, not them:
- I tend to buy stuff I don’t want or need
- They seem to always be expired when I need them.
- You have to read the small print.
- They take too much of my time to clip, organize, plan!
But there are coupon alternatives!
- Rewards programs – Target has the 5% off debit card. (But I hate that carrousel thing!)
- Buy bulk, generic and lesser known brands
- Sales – family and friends days are great. Have a retail working friend hook you up.
- Food shop for leftovers
- Amazon pantry orders – not always the best prices, however consider travel, and the “economies of convenience”
- Shop with cash -Fresh, real food is not expensive – just sayin!
Drink less alcohol – shopping while intoxicated is a bad idea, too!
Watch your shopping time – Don’t shop as an activity.