Branson, Mo- The City of Branson will soon start its annual spring cleanup.
Starting Monday, April 16th, crews will clean up large unwanted items that aren’t normally picked up, like appliances, furniture, mattresses, for free. The clean up will last 4 days.
The service, however, is only for residents, and not for businesses or commercial use.
The release says the pick-up date for Ward 1 is on Monday, April 16; Ward II is on Tuesday, April 17; and Ward III is on Wednesday, April 18. Brush and limbs will be picked up in all three wards on Thursday, April 19.
If a resident is unsure of their ward residence, they should refer to where they voted in the most recent election. If persons voted at the Community Center on Compton Drive, they are in Ward I. If they voted at the Presbyterian Church in Downtown, they are in Ward II; and if they voted at the Methodist Church on Highway 76, they are in Ward III. Also, a map of the city’s three wards is available online at www.bransonmo.gov. Click on Engineering Department and then “Maps.”
According to the release, all items, including brush must be at the curb by 8 a.m. on the day of pick-up. Crews will not backtrack. Items not placed out for pickup by the deadline will NOT be picked up and will not be eligible for participation in this city service.
Property owners who miss the deadline must make separate arrangements on their own to have the materials picked up. City crews will not pick up any garbage normally collected by private refuse haulers. Limbs and brush do not need to be bundled, but must be cut and stacked at the curb in manageable 4-6′ piles. No more than one dump truck load of limbs and brush will be hauled from any one residence.
City crews WILL NOT collect tires, batteries, televisions, computer monitors, bagged leaves or household hazardous waste products. Here is where those items can be disposed:
- Taney County Transfer Station Call 336-6589
- Accepted year round at Branson Recycle Center, located at 601 Compton Drive, in Branson. The center is open Monday thru Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Taney County residents only. Call for an appointment 417-337-8566.
ELECTRONICS: Four locations:
- Hollister Recycling: All used electronics, appliances, lead acid batteries
- Best Buy of Branson: Household electronics. See “recycling” at www.bestbuy.com for details.
- Tantone Industries: All used electronics from homes or businesses. Small fee for TV & computer monitors with tubes, freezers or microwaves. 417-334-7447
- Computer Recycling of Springfield: All used electronics. Small fee for TVs with tubes. 417-866-2588.
- The nearest options to dispose of green waste are the Hansen’s Tree Service facilities in Reeds Spring and Ozark. Call Hansen’s at 417-272-8733 for information. Sunny Hills Garden Center in Kirbyville also accepts bagged leaves and other yard waste, year round. Call 417-339-4437 for information.
For the pick-up of exceptionally heavy items such as sofas or large appliances, residents are asked to call 243-2725 at least 24 hours before their scheduled pick-up day. A separate truck will haul away these items.