SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Springfield Board of Education has voted unanimously to extend the contract for Superintendent John Jungman.
The extension will keep Dr. Jungman in his role through the 2021-2022 school year. This is the fifth contract extension Dr. Jungman has received since he began his tenure on July 1, 2014.
The Board of Education cited the following examples of Dr. Jungmann’s leadership success:
- Forward-Thinking Vision
- Early Childhood Expansion
- Collaboration with Other School Districts, as Evidenced by Continued Growth of Launch
- Expansion of Districtwide Communication Efforts
- Effective Management of Surplus Property
- Focus on Development of Priority Metrics
- Engagement of Citizens through Community Task Force on Facilities
Dr. Jungman’s contract details and benefits that were put in place by the Board of Education in January of 2016 will remain unchanged with the one-year extension. Dr. Jungmann’s annual base salary for 2018-2019 is $265,110.