SPRINGFIELD, Mo– All northbound and southbound lanes of Route 65 and the ramps on northbound Route 65 at Kearney street in Springfield reopened Sunday night, following a two month project to rebuild the original two lanes of the highway.
The Missouri Department of Highway Transportation says nighttime lane closings are possible throughout the week of August 28. However, one lane will remain open on Route 65 in both directions at all times.
In addition, the northbound ramp from Division to northbound Route 65 will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Tuesday, August 29.
Temporary traffic signals will remain in place at Eastgate Avenue & Cherry Street, Eastgate Avenue & Catalpa Street, and LeCompte Road & Division Street intersections until Wednesday, August 30.
Here is a complete summary of the renovations released by MoDot:
- Northbound closed between Sunshine Street and Chestnut Expressway week of August 7 — COMPLETED
- Northbound closed between Chestnut Expressway and Division Street week of August 14 — COMPLETED
- Northbound closed between Division Street and Kearney Street week of August 21 — COMPLETED
- Southbound closings — COMPLETED
- Southbound closed between Kearney and Division Streets week of July 10 – COMPLETED
- Southbound closed between Division Street and Chestnut Expressway week of July 17 — COMPLETED
- Southbound closed between Chestnut Expressway and Sunshine Street week of July 24 — COMPLETED