SPRINGFIELD, Mo- A portion of the Glenstone Ave. pavement project has been extended into October.
The portion of the project is between Lombard and Page street in Springfield.
The outside lanes of northbound and southbound lanes are closed until the week of October 7.
Delays will occur.
Page and Lombard Streets at Glenstone Avenue will be CLOSED Monday night, October 1st.
- Pouring concrete pavement for outside lanes of Glenstone Avenue between Lombard and Page Streets
- Rebuilding street approaches at Lombard and Page Streets
- Rebuilding business entrances in areas between Lombard and Page Streets
- Cleanup work on Glenstone Avenue at railroad overpass north of Commercial Street
- Outside lanes of Glenstone Avenue closed in each direction between Lombard and Page Streets until the week of Oct. 7
- One lane open in each direction
- No left turns from Glenstone Avenue
- Business entrances closed in areas
- Drivers urged to avoid the area unless visiting businesses
- Work hours: 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday into Tuesday, Oct. 1-2. (Closings postponed from Sept. 28.)
- All four lanes of Glenstone Avenue scheduled to open to traffic at railroad overpass north of Commercial Street on Friday, Sept. 28
- (Weather or construction delays could alter the work schedule.)
- Rebuilding the deteriorating, 1950’s-era concrete pavement on Glenstone Avenue in four separate locations
- At Kerr/Evergreen Street south of I-44 – COMPLETE
- At Kearney Street – COMPLETE
- At the railroad underpass north of Commercial Street – COMPLETE
- Between Lombard Street and Page Street
- Building pedestrian crossing across railroad tracks between Lombard and Page streets
- Overall Completion Date: November 1, 2018