JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.– Governor Mike Parson is scheduled to present 8 members of the Springfield Fire Department with the Governor’s Medal on Monday, October 7th.
The Governor’s Office says the following first responders exemplified courage when they attempted to save Greene County Deputy Aaron Paul Roberts from a rush of water that swept his car off the road back in September of 2018:
- Lt. Daniel B. Tscherny
- Capt. Jason G. Bogema (Retired)
- Rescue Specialist Tony C. Fields
- Firefighter Joshua W. Bravestone
- Firefighter Zachary L. Keller
- Firefighter Garett L. Olson
- Firefighter Tyler R. Nevins
- and Firefighter Dustin C. Matney
We reported back in 2018, Deputy Roberts was checking on an abandoned 911 call on Cabin Creek Road Friday night. He returned to service, then radioed that his car was washed off the road.
According to Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott, it took more than an hour, maybe a couple of hours, after hearing Deputy Roberts’ car was washed away, before his vehicle and body were found.
The ceremony for the eight members of the SFD will be held in Jefferson City.