NIXA, Mo. — Nixa mayor, Brian Steele, signed an emergency order establishing a requirement to wear face coverings for the City of Nixa, according to a press release from the City.
The emergency order begins at midnight on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020, and will last until 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2020.
The reason for this emergency was after hearing from officials from both Mercy and CoxHealth regarding the rise of COVID-19 cases.
The new masking order will require everyone over the age of 11 to wear face coverings in Nixa.
Though you can remove face coverings when:
- Maintaining a distance of at least six-feet
- Eating or drinking
- Medical condition, mental health condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering
- When exercising
- When a face covering is essential to communication for a person who is hard of hearing
- During a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering
- When requested by law enforcement and emergency response personnel
Anyone who fails to comply to the order is subject to an $100 fine.
This is a developing story.