HyVee & KOLR10 2016 Thursday Night Tailgate Parties
1. Sponsors. This Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by KOLR/KOZL/Ozarksfirst.com, 2650 E. Division Street, Springfield, MO 65803 (“Station”), and HyVee, 1720 W Battlefield Rd, Springfield, MO (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”).This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to legal U.S. residents within KOLR/KOZL’s viewing area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KOLR/KOZL/Ozarksfirst.com, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., Mission Broadcasting, Inc., HyVee, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distribution companies in KOLR/KOZL’s viewing area, the parent corporation, subsidiaries, or affiliates of all the foregoing, the advertising or promotional agencies of all the foregoing (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate families or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a KOLR/KOZL/Ozarksfirst.com contest or sweepstakes only once every thirty (30) days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry & Odds of Winning.
1. Entry: Entries for the Weekly Prize (a $50 gift certificate to a local business) will be accepted each week (Thursday) on site at “Thursday Night Tailgate event”. Entries for the HyVee & KOLR10 Thursday Night Football Party Grand Prize give-a-way will be accepted each Thursday between September 1, 2016 thru November 3, 2016 between the hours of 3:00 pm till 6:30pm, on site at a “KOLR Thursday Night Tailgate Party” location (complete list of Tailgate Party locations will be posted on Ozarksfirst.com/tailgate or viewed at the KOLR10 TV Station during normal business hours).
1-Sept Andy B’s - Springfield
8 – Sept Bayou Restaurant - Monett
15 -Sept Landon’s Coffee & Deli - Branson
22 – Sept – HyVee - Springfield
29 – Sept – TBD
6 – Oct – TBD
13 – Oct – TBD
20 – Oct – Cartoon’s - Springfield
27 – Oct – TBD
3 – Nov - TBD
Entrant will completely fill out official entry form, which will make them eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Entries must be received at the Tailgate Party location, between the hours of 3pm and 6:30pm each Thursday of the KOLR10 Tailgate Party. Entrants will only get one entry for the Grand Prize, and submitting multiple weekly entries will not increase the number of entries for the Grand Prize.
2. Grand Prize Entry: Entries for the Prize (a Recliner and 55” Smart TV) will be accepted starting Sept 1, 2016 at 3:00 pm. To enter this Contest, entrants must fill out an entry form at one of the “KOLR10 Thursday Night Tailgate Party” locations. With their entry, Entrants must include their name, phone number, complete address, and an e-mail address for themselves. Entrants must submit ALL of this information in order to be eligible to enter to win the prize(s). Submissions that are not legible (as determined by the Station) will be disqualified. Entrants can also enter by dropping off their entry at the KOLR10/KOZL TV Station Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm at 2650 E Division, Springfield MO or mail their entry to KOLR10 Thursday Night Football Tailgate Party at 2650 E Division, Springfield MO 65803. All mail-in entries must be received at KOLR10/KOZL no later than 4:00pm November 2, 2016 to qualify for entry.
Sponsor(s) are not responsible for technical or computer failures, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or voicemails or other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules or missing and delayed parcels that have been sent thru the mail.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) which compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsor(s) reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.ozarksfirst.com/contests. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries received.
1. Weekly Prizes: The Weekly Prize, given away each week of the HyVee & KOLR10 Thursday Night Tailgate events, is a $50 gift certificate to a local business.
2. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize in this Contest, given away November 4, 2016, is a Recliner from FFO Home and a 55 inch Philips Smart TV from National TV Sales & Rental. The prize package is valued at $1,900. The winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries during the Contest. Each entrant will only get one entry.
Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, and the Sponsor(s) are not responsible for defective prizes. The Sponsor(s) make no representations or warranties with respect to the prize(s), including the safety, merchantability, or fitness of the prize(s) for any particular purpose. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, the other Sponsors and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use. Other terms and conditions of the gift certificates may apply.
6. Selection of the Winner(s).
1. Weekly Prizes: Each week (every Thursday) starting September 1 thru November 3, 2016, one potential winner will be chosen each week from all the entries received during that week’s Thursday Night Tailgate event. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or contacted by phone by a representative of KOLR10 to confirm that they qualify for the weekly prize and want to accept the prize and be the winner of the weekly prize drawing. If within two (2) days the potential winner (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to meet the qualifications of these rules; or (iii) declines the prize, that potential winner will forfeit the prize, be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected to generate a winner from the list of entries. Once confirmed, the winner will be announced on Ozarks Live during the next Thursday Night Tailgate event live segment.
2. Grand Prize: On November 2, 2016, one potential winner will be chosen from all the entries from the 10-week contest by KOZL /KOLR10. The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or contacted by a representative of the Sponsors to confirm that they qualify for the prize and want to accept the prize and be the winner of the Contest. If within two (2) days the potential winner (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to meet the qualifications of these rules; or (iii) declines the prize, that potential winner will forfeit the prize, be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected to generate a winner from the list of entries. Once confirmed, the winner will be announced on Ozarks Live on November 10, 2016.
All broadcasts may be subject to pre-emptions, delays, and schedule changes in the Station’s sole discretion. In the event of such changes, the Station reserves the right to modify these rules, reschedule any announcement, or termination the Contest.
7. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). All winners must claim the prizes (Weekly Prizes and the Grand Prize) in-person at the Station, located at 2650 E. Division Street, Springfield, MO 65803, during regular business hours. Weekly Prizes may be mailed with the consent of the winner(s), and the Weekly Prize winners assume all risk of delivery. The Weekly Prize winners must claim the prize(s) within thirty (30) days of notification or the Weekly Prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize winner must claim the Grand Prize and arrange delivery of the prize within 30 days of winning. Details will be provided upon notification from the Station. The Grand Prize winner assumes all risks of delivery.
All winner(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive a W-9, IRS Form 1099, or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Unless otherwise stated above, Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. Specific travel dates and arrangements may be subject to restrictions and availability. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, and changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not replace items that are lost or stolen. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors.
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on www.ozarksfirst.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
8. Limitation on Liability. The Winner, by acceptance of their prize(s), agrees to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, and advertising, promotion and production agencies and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained directly or indirectly in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity. Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Station is not acting as the provider or distributor(s) of the prize. The Station, acting as a consumer, acquired the prize for the purpose of awarding the prize to a winner in this Contest. The Station has not made and is/are not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize.
Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.ozarksfirst.com.
9. Rules. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KOLR10 within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.