- 8 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 leeks, cleaned, trimmed, chopped
- 3 large baking potatoes, cleaned, peeled, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Coarse ground pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- In a large dutch oven, cook bacon over low-medium heat to render fat, remove from pan before crisp.
- Add leeks, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper into bacon fat, saute until soft.
- Add potatoes.
- Pour in chicken broth and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While soup is cooking finish crisping bacon in a skillet or microwave.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully puree soup until smooth.
- Add cream and blend well.
- Serve immediately with crisp bacon on top.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.