82°F
Sponsored by

Officials say Fatal Fire was Caused by Smoking Materials

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Fire investigators say a disabled man was overcome by a fire in his home last night. Investigators say smoking materials are responsible for causing the fire.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Fire investigators say a disabled man was overcome by a fire in his home last night. The Battlefield Fire Protection District has identified the man inside the home as Larry Burt, 63. 

Investigators say smoking materials are responsible for causing the fire, when fire crews arrived the majority of the home was already engulfed in flames.  

The fire happened at the 900 block of east Evans Street around 10:50 p.m. Friday evening.

Fire Chief Bryan Newberry told KOLR 10 that the home had no working smoke detectors.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus