72°F
Sponsored by

Nixa House Fire Was Intentionally Set, Officials Say

NIXA, Mo. -- Investigators are looking into a fire that destroyed a Nixa home after officials deemed the blaze was intentionally set Monday.
NIXA, Mo. -- Investigators are looking into a fire that destroyed a Nixa home after officials deemed Monday that the blaze may be the work of an arsonist.

Assistant Fire Chief Whitney Weaver said multiple calls to 911 reported a loud explosion at the home on the 400 block of Ozark Street at 12:30 a.m.
Crews arrived at the scene in less than six minutes to find the home enveloped in heavy smoke and flames.

Weaver said the fire was intentionally set. He said the loud noises heard by neighbors were likely caused by gasoline fumes.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no one was hurt. No other homes were damaged and no other information about the investigation was immediately available.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus