Melissa Meadows of Longhorn Steakhouse stopped by KOLR10 Daybreak to tell us how to make a more interesting burger at your next tailgate party.
- Trick 1: Choose a high quality ground beef with some fat content to it
- Trick 2: Make burgers moist and juicy by blending together Worcestershire sauce, bacon and onion
- Trick 3: Stay simple with the seasoning by using the "Big Four" - salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- Trick 4: Don't overcook the burger. Strive for medium temperature at 155 degrees and use a meat thermometer to determine internal temperature
- Trick 5: Get creative by adding a savory meat or unexpected cheese.