KOLR10 KIDCASTER RULES
WHO CAN ENTER
To be eligible to participate in this featured segment, entrants must be Missouri or Arkansas residents who are in grades 3 through 12 and reside in the KOLR10 viewing area. Employees of Nexstar Broadcast Group, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KOLR10 (the "Station"), affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
HOW TO ENTER
There is no purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants must be nominated by school teachers, principals, or other school employees. To enter, the recommendation must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or mailed BY THE ADULT MAKING THE RECOMMENDATION. Nominations may also be mailed to KOLR10 KIDCASTER, 2650 EAST DIVISION STREET, SPRINGFIELD MO 65803. The recommendation must display the student's name, phone number, age, grade, and school and the reasons the child should be featured on our Kidcaster segment. One student will be selected each week by random drawing from among valid entries. Appearances will begin in October and continue through May of each school year. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Nexstar Broadcasting and will not be acknowledged or returned. The selected student will be notified prior to their appearance and will be given instructions to follow for the appearance.
"KOLR10 KIDCASTER" APPEARANCE INSTRUCTIONS
The student and legal guardian must arrive at KOLR10 News Station by 6am on the appropriate morning. The child must be dressed in appropriate attire. Anything about the child’s appearance that is deemed objectionable is grounds for canceling the appearance. The guardian of the child must sign a release form allowing KOLR10 to use the child's image on television. The child will be featured during the 6 o'clock hour. The child will be introduced on-air by Meteorologist Chris Smith or his designee. The child will then present a portion the weather forecast. Chris Smith or his designee will be on air with the student for support or to take over at any given time.
1. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time during the contest at our sole discretion.
2. Contest rules may change with notice and proper posting during the contest period as defined here-in.
3. The Station reserves the right to change and rules at any time for any reason.
4. No more than one winner per household per 45-day period with the Station.
5. The Station reserves the right to end the contest, disqualify a winner or change the rules at any time without prior notification.
6. Official rules may be picked up at the Station Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. (Excluding holidays)
7. The Station will not be responsible for power outages, downed phone lines, transmitter problems and other “Acts of God” which could inhibit one’s attempts to participate in the contest.
8. Additional rules may apply.
9. Each winning entrant (i) except where legally prohibited, by acceptance of a prize grants permission for the Station (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing) and its designees to use his/her name, entry material, voice and/or likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web without notice or review or approval; (ii) will be required to execute and return a release and wavier of liability; and (iii) will be required to provide their Social Security Number and current government-issued photo identification reasonably satisfactory to Sponsors. If a winning entrant refuses or does not complete and fully-execute the release, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited.
10. Participants agree that Station and their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, licensees, assignees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by participants from and against any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or from participation in this contest or in any contest-related activity.
11. Released Parties are not responsible for typographical, printing or other errors or problems relating to or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest-related materials.