<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="line-height: 1.22;">Not only does rosemary smell
good, oh, but it can transform any dish. </span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="line-height: 1.22;">Here's how to make a beautiful grilled vegetable chicken
salad that's great for lunch or dinner.</span></p>
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 packages mixed baby greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and cleaned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved and cleaned
- 1 red onion, cut into thick steaks
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup basil vinaigrette, prepared
- In a dish, cover chicken breasts with lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and about half of the olive oil (1/4 cup). Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Toss vegetables in remaining olive oil and season.
- Grill chicken and vegetables over medium-high heat. Grill chicken breasts for 10 minutes on one side. Turn and grill for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently.
- Toss baby greens in Basil Vinaigrette and pile onto a large platter. Top with grilled chicken and vegetables. Serve extra vinaigrette on the side.
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.