- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled
Already sweet cherry tomatoes, intensified by roasting, are tossed with summery basil, tangy Feta crumbles, and angel hair pasta.
Why Try? Served warm, cold, or room temperature, this pasta is a great side or summer lunch. Keep it simple or add other favorites like bacon, green onions, or black olives.
Foodie Byte: After tasting many varieties of cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and cherry-grape tomatoes, we found that the best tasting ones are generally the smaller varieties and may not necessarily be the most brightly colored. Since they will be roasted anyway, the color isn’t as important as their sweet, unadulterated summer flavor, so choose wisely!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes in a baking dish and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes pop and look roasted.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water and cook pasta for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain and toss with roasted tomatoes, their juices, basil, and Feta, drizzling with more olive oil if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 820, Carbohydrates 87g, Cholesterol 50mg, Fat 41g, Fat Calories 367, Fiber 3g, Protein 23g, Saturated Fat 12g, Sodium 877mg. Daily Values: Calcium 292.31mg 29%, Phos 210.58mg 21%, Copper 0.07mg 4%, Zinc 1.78mg 12%, Panto 0.62mg 6%, Biotin 4.34mcg 1447%, Magnesium 20.81mg 5%, Iron 2.25mg 13%, Vitamin B6 15%, Vitamin C 18%, Vitamin B12 16%, Vitamin D 2%, Vit E-a-Toco 15%, Vitamin A 20%. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.