79°F
Sponsored by

Report: Gas Company Didn't Follow Safety Regulations in KC Explosion

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Missouri Public Service Commission has issued a final report about the blast that killed a Springfield native in a Kansas City restaurant last year.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Missouri Public Service Commission has issued a final report about the blast that killed a Springfield native in a Kansas City restaurant last year.

The explosion was at JJ’s Restaurant on the Country Club Plaza on February 19, 2013 and took the life of 46-year-old Megan Cramer, who worked at the restaurant.

The 127-page report details Missouri Gas and Electric's response to the explosion. It claims MGE violated state regulations by not conducting immediate leak investigations when a gas odor was first reported.

The report issued several recommendations to MGE about how to handle emergency incidents in the future.


Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus