· 12 cups day old Italian bread, bite-size pieces
· 2/3 cup olive oil
· salt and pepper to taste
· 6 cloves garlic, crushed minced
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 8 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
· 3/4 cup sliced red onion
· 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
· 1 cup pitted and halved green olives
· 2 cups fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Toss the bread with 1/3 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Lay the bread on a sheet pan, and toast until golden brown, (5 to 8 minutes) allow to cool slightly.
3. While the bread is in the oven, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.