- 2.5 ounces arugula (1/2 of a 5-ounce package)
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 1 dry pint blueberries
- 1 six-ounce package raspberries
- 12 small wedges watermelon (approximately 1/8 of a large watermelon)
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, sliced
- 2 ounces crumbled feta
Here's a cool and colorful summertime fruit salad, featuring the red, white and blue of Old Glory. Perfect for serving on the Fourth of July, Labor Day...or, well, any summer day, really.
Why Try? This showcase of seasonal produce provides an opportunity to get several servings of fruit in your diet.
Foodie Byte: May be prepared up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated. Add avocado and vinaigrette right before serving.
Copyright 2011. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved.
- Arrange arugula on a large platter.
- Place watermelon wedges around the sides of platter.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and avocado slices on top of the arugula.
- Top with feta and drizzle with lemon vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.