The first stop in North Arkansas today for Republican Asa Hutchinson and Democrat Mike Ross was at a forum in Springdale.
Here's just a quick glimpse of what was discussed:
1) On the issue of large scale hog Farms, Ross said he supports the right of people to have a hog farm responsibly and claimed says Hutchinson said there's no need for it.
2) Both candidates talked of the importance of education in Arkansas. Ross touted the benefits of vocational and technical programs while Hutchinson put the emphasis on computer science.
3) Ross supports the Private Option and claimed Hutchinson still has no stance. Hutchinson said he feels a "responsibility to state & budget."
4) At one point, Hutchinson joked to the crowd "Are we having fun yet?" after things in the forum got a little heated.
5) On Arkansas Road project progress, Hutchinson said we've got a long way to go, remarking, "We have more orange barrels in AR now than ever in my lifetime."
Click the video to watch much more from both candidates, including interviews with both candidates just moments after the forum was finished.
The next stop for Hutchinson and Ross was scheduled to be Eureka Springs for a similar forum later Tuesday afternoon.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.