Including the cities of Springfield, Marshfield, Rogersville, Neosho, Aurora, Mount Vernon, Anderson, Pineville, Monett, and Cassville.
The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a winter weather advisory for light freezing rain, freezing drizzle, and light snow which is in effect until 6 pm this evening.
Check the progress of this snowfall on our interactive radar
Check road conditions on MoDOT's traveler information map
* Short term trends-areas of light freezing rain and freezing drizzle will persist this afternoon. A changeover to snow will occur from west to east across the advisory area this afternoon.
* Timing and areas affected.-areas along and north of a Cassville to Springfield to Marshfield to Rolla line through this
* Snow accumulations-up to an inch of snow is expected along and north of the highway 54 corridor in central Missouri. A dusting to a half inch is expected across the remainder of the advisory area.
* Ice accumulations-additional ice accumulations this afternoon of up to a tenth of an inch are expected with the highest amounts occurring across central Missouri.
* Impacts-untreated roads and bridges will be slick and hazardous within the advisory area including stretches of Interstate-44 and Highways 54, 65, 13, and 63. Be alert for sudden changes in road conditions.
Precautionary/preparedness actions-A winter weather advisory means that periods of light freezing rain, freezing drizzle, and light snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use caution while driving.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.