Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Low Carb Chicken Stuffed With Chiles and Cheese
By KOLR10 News
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/4 inch thickness)
2 cups Pepperjack cheese - shredded
4 roasted and skinned chilies (with any juices) or 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, (with any juices)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/8 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Spray a medium siz ed flat baking dish with nonstick spray.
3) In a bowl, mix cheese and sour cream until barely combined.
4) Spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture over each chicken breast, roll up starting with smallest end, and secure with a toothpick.
5) Combine parmesan cheese and whole wheat bread crumbs on a plate.
6) Roll each chicken breast in cheese/crumbs combination.
7) Place chicken in baking dish and bake 35-45 minutes.
8) You may want to put it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown the top once the chicken is done.
9) Remove toothpicks before serving.
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Fat: 12 Carbohydrate : 10 Protein: 26 Calories: 252 Sodium: 317 Cholesterol: 240 Fibe r : 1