SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Here's this week's construction schedule for the Highway 65 lane rebuild in east Springfield.
Crews have re-opened one lane of the highway southbound between I-44 and Chestnut Expressway.
Work will now move south, closing both southbound lanes between Chestnut Expressway and Sunshine Street.
All northbound lanes of highway 65 remain open
The work is to repair the outside two lanes of the highway.
The entire project is expected to be finished in November, with lane closures wrapping up in September.
The full overview from MoDOT:
- Southbound Route 65 CLOSED between Chestnut Expressway and Sunshine Street until late in the day on Sunday, July 30
- Ramp from Chestnut Expressway to southbound Route 65 CLOSED
- Ramp from southbound Route 65 to Sunshine Street is CLOSED
- I-44 ramps to southbound Route 65 CLOSED until late July
- Southbound Route 65 OPEN between I-44 and Chestnut Expressway
- Southbound Route 65 can and must exit at Chestnut Expressway
- Southbound Route 65 OPEN south of Sunshine Street
- Southbound Route 65 ramp from Sunshine Street is OPEN
- All ramps OPEN at Route 65/Kearney Street and Route 65/Division Street interchange
- All northbound lanes of Route 65 in Springfield are OPEN
Southbound Route 65 reduced to one lane between I-44 and Chestnut Expressway
All southbound Route 65 traffic can and must exit at Chestnut Expressway
I-44 ramps to southbound Route 65 CLOSED
Drivers will need to use other interchanges east and west of Route 65 to reach destinations inside Springfield, including the Route 744 exit (Mulroy exit) at mile marker 84, the Glenstone Avenue exit at mile marker 80, the Kansas Expressway (Route 13) exit at mile marker 77 and the West Bypass (Route 160) exit at mile marker 75.
ROUTE 65 DETOUR:
Signed detour using I-44 west to Route 360/60 at Mile Marker 69 (west loop around Springfield)
Secondary detour using Route 125 and Route 60 east of Springfield
Drivers encouraged to find alternate routes to destinations inside Springfield including Glenstone Avenue, Kansas Expressway and West Bypass
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC SIGNALS:
Located at Eastgate Avenue & Cherry Street, Eastgate Avenue & Catalpa Street, and LeCompte Road & Division Street intersections
Traffic signals in full operation
Delays occurring at three temporary traffic signals
Traffic signals are temporary and will be removed when the closings of Route 65 are complete in late August/early September
While President Donald Trump boasts about signing an executive order…
BENTON COUNTY, Ark. (KNWA) -- Simmons Prepared Foods hosted a…
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Malaysia said Thursday it will not…