According to a release from Mercy, more than 54,000 Missourians have chosen health plans through the marketplace, but thousands more have yet to purchase insurance.
To help educate and enroll, Mercy Hospital Springfield has expanded hours and enrollment sessions. The health system also wants to help dispel myths, particularly about high insurance costs, that may be deterring some people from signing up for coverage before the 2014 enrollment period ends.
On Saturday, March 8, certified application counselors will be available at the following times and locations for the statewide enrollment blitz:
- Springfield: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Library Station (2535 N. Kansas Expressway), Library Center (4653 S. Campbell Ave.) and Midtown Carnegie Branch Library (397 E. Central St.)
- Springfield: Educational event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Central Assembly of God (1301 N. Boonville Ave.)
- Pineville: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pineville Library (808 Bailey Rd.)
- Lamar: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Barton County Library (300 W. 10th St.)
- Neosho: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Neosho/Newton County Library (201 W. Spring St.)
- Carthage: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carthage Library (612 S. Garrison Ave.)
- Joplin: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Joplin Library (300 S. Main St.)
For more information about extended hours and attending the sessions, call Mercy at 1-855-900-4140.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.