- 2 cups Cattlemen's Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup French's Dijon Mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 40 thinly pounded chicken satays (white meat)*
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Scallions, chopped, as needed for garnish
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
For this festive appetizer, we grilled juicy marinated chicken tenders skewered on bamboo sticks, and basted them with a tangy-sweet honey mustard BBQ sauce spiked with sweet chili sauce. Simply delicious!
Why Try? The perfect appetizer for entertaining, these sizzling-hot glazed chicken skewers turn any gathering into a special event!
Foodie Byte: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour to prevent burning on the grill. We like to prepare these skewers ahead so we can relax and enjoy the party; pound chicken tenders, marinate and thread on bamboo skewers the day before serving. Then simply grill and baste with sauce to serve.
Recipe complements of French’s Foodservice.
- To make the satay sauce, combine Gold, Sweet Chili, Dijon and lime juice. Set aside until needed.
- Marinate satays in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic for 1 hour, refrigerated.
- Grill satays, generously brush with sauce (at room temperature or slightly warm) and garnish with scallions.
- *Thread chicken on pre-soaked skewers
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.