Hulston Cancer Center 417-269-5257
3850 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65807
Cancer Care: Branson 417-348-8032
545 Branson Landing Blvd.
Branson, MO 65616
Know the Warning Signs
- Rectal bleeding
- Change in bowel movements (constipation or diarrhea)
- Change in size or shape of bowel movements
- Abdominal bleeding
- Lower abdominal pain
- Unintended weight loss
· We have the tools we need to prevent colorectal cancer. Yet it’s still the third most common cancer diagnosis, excluding skin cancer, in men and women.
· Colorectal cancer often begins as non-cancerous polyps, or growths, in the colon. If these polyps are caught early and removed, cancer can often be prevented.
· The most effective preventive measure against colorectal cancer is a colorectal cancer screening. There are three screening options: a fecal occult blood test (yearly), a sigmoidoscopy (every 5 years) or a colonoscopy (every 10 years). Talk to your physician to determine which test makes the most sense for you. Visit Cox Health Website to find out more.